Sunday 10 May 2009

Roswell High 6, The Stowaway

I bought Roswell High books 1, 5,6,7 and 8 from the library book sale. All five of them cost 50p. And yet they're selling the Twilight series in bookshops for five or six pounds? It defies logic. I liked Twilight, but I think Roswell High is better.

The Stowaway starts after Michael is freed from an underground compound along with Adam, another alien who has lived there all his life, and Cameron, a human with pretend psychic powers who was actually in the compound to find out more information on the other aliens in Roswell. What the aliens (Max, Michael, Isabel and Adam) don't know is that she's already gone and told Sheriff Valenti all about them. She falls for Michael (and vice versa) and for a while it's all going pretty OK.

Teeny tiny note at this point: read the book from the start and don't look at the middle before you begin reading it. I did, and was very confused because Michael was kissing someone called Cameron, who I assumed was a boy. So I kind of squinted at it and was all "What's going on here?" for a while and then I read the start, which told me that Cameron was, in fact, a girl. The back of the book probably could've told me that earlier but I'm not that logical.

I'm not going to tell you what else happened, because it might ruin the ending which is a literally ginormous surprise-o-rama. I wasn't expecting it at all. Es ist sehr gut, as my German friends might say. If I had any German friends, that is.

I read the seventh one in the staff room at my work experience, and that was good too but not quite as good at this one. This is probably the best Roswell High book, although I haven't read them all yet due to the rubbish availability of them in libraries. My school library had one, and it was the second one. And I bet that's gonna turn up at the 20p book sale next Red Nose Day. Sigh. I don't think these books are quite appreciated enough.

So...my verdict. 4.99 stars on the starry-starometer. I took 0.1 off for that confusing name. But other than that, really very good.

Madeleine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment